From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wabanaki, Wabenaki, Wobanaki, etc. may refer to:
- The area referred as the "Dawn land" by many Algonquian-speaking peoples to describe the Eastern region of the North American continent, generally described as being New England in the United States, plus Quebec and the Maritimes in Canada
- The people located in the Wabanaki region, used to mean either "Dawn Land People" or "Easterner"
- The people who speak one of the Eastern Algonquian languages
- The members of the individual Nations included in the Wabanaki Confederacy, consisting of:
Other uses and misuses
- The name "Abenaki" is often misused to mean "Wabanaki;" the Abenaki are just one member Nation of the Wabanaki Confederacy
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.