"Wachusett" is a word derived from the Algonquian languages once spoken by the Native Americans of Massachusetts and is believed to approximate "near the mountain" or "mountain place". Wachusett was originally used as the name of a mountain in Massachusetts; other uses of the word (most of them local) have been derived directly from the name of the mountain.
Wachusett may refer to:
- Mount Wachusett, a mountain in Worcester County, Massachusetts
Other geographic features
- Wachusett Aqueduct in Massachusetts
- Wachusett Dam in Clinton, Massachusetts
- Wachusett (MBTA station), a commuter rail station under construction in Fitchburg, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Reef, a coral reef in the Pacific Ocean reported in 1899 but never confirmed
- Wachusett Reservoir in Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Street in the Forest Hills (Boston) area of Boston, Massachusetts
Institutions, schools, and organizations
- Mount Wachusett Community College in Gardner, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Hall at Assumption College
- Wachusett Regional High School in Holden, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Regional School District in Massachusetts
- Wachusett Brewing Company in Westminster, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Dirt Dawgs, a collegiate summer baseball team in Leominster, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Potato Chip Company in Fitchburg, Massachusetts
- Wachusett Shirt Company, a historic building in Leominster, Massachusetts
- USS Wachusett (1861), a United States Navy sloop-of-war in commission from 1862 to 1868, from 1871 to 1874, and from 1879 to 1885
- USS Wachusett (ID-1840), a United States Navy cargo ship in commission from 1918 to 1919
- USS Wachusetts (SP-548), later USS SP-548, a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1917 to 1919
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wachusett.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.