Wachusett Mountain State Reservation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wachusett Mountain State Reservation|
|Massachusetts State Park|
|Area||3,000 acres (1,214 ha)|
|Management||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website: Wachusett Mountain State Reservation|
Activities and amenities
- Roadway: An automobile road, open spring to fall, ascends the 2,006-foot (611 m) summit. Views from the top of Mount Wachusett include Mount Monadnock to the north, Mount Greylock to the west, southern Vermont to the northwest and Boston to the east.
- Trails: The reservation's 17 miles (27 km) of hiking and walking trails include a section of the Midstate Trail.
- Skiing: The privately operated Wachusett Mountain Ski Area occupies a 450-acre (180 ha) lease parcel on the northern slopes of the mountain.
- "Wachusett Mountain State Reservation". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- Wachusett Mountain State Reservation Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Trail Map Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Friends of Wachusett Mountain