Wadgassen is a municipality in the district of Saarlouis, in Saarland, Germany. It is situated on the river Saar, approx. 6 km southeast of Saarlouis, and 15 km west of Saarbrücken.
Between 1135 and 1792 the Premonstratensian Wadgassen Abbey (German: Prämonstratenser-Chorherrenstift Wadgassen) was located here.
(as at 24 May 2014)
- From 1 May 2014 - today: Sebastian Greiber
- 1 May 1988 - 30 April 2014: Harald Braun, SPD
- 1974 - 1988: Dr. Friedrich Mouty, CDU
- Deutsches Zeitungsmuseum (DZM) in the Abteihof (part of the former Premonstratensian abbey)
- Glashütte Museum: Villeroy & Boch
- Museum Academia Wadegotia - local history and living history of Wadgassen: Treppenstrasse 13 (csw Neubau), Wadgassen. Founded as institute museum.
Sources and external links
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wadgassen.