||It has been suggested that Bombay Realty be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since May 2013.|
|Founders||Lovji Nusserwanjee Wadia|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Nusli Wadia, Chairman |
|Subsidiaries||Go Air, Britannia Industries, Bombay Dyeing & National Peroxide|
The Wadia Group is one of the oldest conglomerates of corporate India. The group worth 100 billion (US$1.6 billion) in 2012,  was founded by Sir Lovji Nusserwanjee Wadia in 1736. Lovji Wadia secured contracts with the British East India Company to build ships and docks in Bombay in 1736. This, and subsequent efforts, would result in Bombay becoming a strategic port for the British colonial undertakings in Asia. The Bombay dry-dock, the first dry-dock in Asia, was built by Lovji and his brother Sorabji in 1750.
“On Tuesday last His Majesty’s Ship, the Minden built in the new docks (Bombay) by Jamshedji Bomanji Wadia was floated into the stream at high water, after the usual ceremony of breaking the bottle had been performed by the Honorable Governor Jonathan Duncan. In having produced the Minden, Bombay is entitled to the distinguished praise of providing the first and only British ship of the line built out of the limits of the Mother Country; and in the opinion of very competent judges, the Minden, for beauty of construction and strength of frame, may stand in competition with any man-o-war that has come out of the most celebrated Dockyards of Great Britain. For the skill of its architects, for the superiority of its timber, and for the excellence of its docks, Bombay may now claim a distinguished place among naval arsenals”.
Later, the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner" were written on board the Minden.
Sir Neville was married to Dina, the only daughter of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan. Jinnah and his wife Rattanbai Petit - Ruttee had separated soon after their daughter, Dina Wadia was born. Nusli Wadia is Neville & Dina Wadia's son and he is currently heading the group.
- Bombay Dyeing – The textile flagship of India.
- Bombay Realty - Handles the land management and development of Wadia Group land ownings..
- Britannia Industries – A company that sells Britannia and Tiger brands of biscuit. Britannia has an estimated 38% market share.
- Go Air – A low cost airline operating from Mumbai.
- National Peroxide, hydrogen peroxide manufacturer in India.
- "India Wadia Group says in Britannia long term-paper". Reuters. 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- Apr 2, 2008, 12.20pm IST (2008-04-02). "Preity Zinta, Ness Wadia, Karan Paul, Mohit Burman - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "How I missed the bus: Nusli Wadia". Rediff.com Business. November 5, 2012. Retrieved 2014-09-18.
- Mihir Bose (2006). Bollywood: a history. Tempus. ISBN 978-0-7524-2835-2.
- Bombay Realty. "About Us". Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- "Nusli Wadia Group Is On The Move". Financialexpress.com. 2003-09-13. Retrieved 2010-09-30.