|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
|Area||0.26 sq mi (1 km2)|
|- land||0.26 sq mi (1 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||929.8 / sq mi (359 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Waggoner, Illinois|
Waggoner is located at (39.377032, -89.651367).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 245 people, 93 households, and 65 families residing in the village. The population density was 929.8 people per square mile (363.8/km²). There were 102 housing units at an average density of 387.1 per square mile (151.5/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 99.18% White and 0.82% Native American.
There were 93 households out of which 35.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.9% were married couples living together, 8.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.1% were non-families. 21.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.09.
In the village the population was spread out with 26.9% under the age of 18, 13.9% from 18 to 24, 33.1% from 25 to 44, 13.5% from 45 to 64, and 12.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 99.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.9 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $30,938, and the median income for a family was $40,125. Males had a median income of $36,250 versus $22,083 for females. The per capita income for the village was $12,534. About 6.3% of families and 12.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.1% of those under the age of eighteen and 8.3% of those sixty five or over.
The Waggoner Centennial Play
The Waggoner Centennial Players hold an annual play that is made up of local citizens and is held at the Waggoner Centennial Building. The Waggoner Centennial Players celebrated their 25th anniversary with their 2013 production. More than 1,000 tickets are sold for the play in the town of 200 people.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Waggoner Players Prepare For 'Ghost Chase'". The Journal-News. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "Waggoner Centennial Players serve dinner, theater for 25 years". The State Journal Register. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- Waggoner Illinois Historical Society of Montgomery County Illinois