Wagile software development
|Software development process|
A software developer at work
Wagile software development is a group of software development methodologies that result from slipping from agile back into waterfall, doing a lot of short waterfalls and thinking it is agile, Waterfall model masquerading as Agile software development, etc.
Going ‘Wagile’ ...Some teams turn to agile practices to dig their way out of failing projects, said Forrester analyst Peter Sterpe. “They do two-week iterations, engage in frequent, intentional communication, and do frequent builds.”
But that’s not agile development, he said. “They are simply getting a little bit iterative to put their projects back on track.”
- deJong, Jennifer Agile Principles Are Changing Everything. 2008.
- Gorman, Jason. Phase Transition Illustrates Waterfall-Agile (or is it "WAgile")?. 2008.
- Gorman, Jason. The WAgile Software Development Life Cycle. 2008.
- Scrum: It Depends on Common Sense.
- Nicolette, Dave. Slouching Towards Waterfall. 2006.