Wagner Township, Aitkin County, Minnesota
|Wagner Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.0 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.8 sq mi (2.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,214 ft (370 m)|
|• Density||10/sq mi (3.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665891|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.9 square miles (92.9 km2), of which 35.0 square miles (90.7 km2) is land and 0.85 square miles (2.2 km2), or 2.37%, is water.
- Big Pine Lake
- Pine Lake
- Millward Township (north)
- Bremen Township, Pine County (northeast)
- Pine Lake Township, Pine County (east)
- Dell Grove Township, Pine County (southeast)
- Kroschel Township, Kanabec County (south)
- Ford Township, Kanabec County (southwest)
- Williams Township (west)
- Pliny Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Immanuel Lutheran and Wagner Township.
As of the census of 2000, there were 320 people, 142 households, and 99 families residing in the township. The population density was 9.1 people per square mile (3.5/km²). There were 377 housing units at an average density of 10.8/sq mi (4.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.75% White, and 1.25% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.31% of the population.
There were 142 households out of which 12.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.9% were married couples living together, 5.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.6% were non-families. 23.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.25 and the average family size was 2.54.
In the township the population was spread out with 14.1% under the age of 18, 6.6% from 18 to 24, 18.1% from 25 to 44, 40.0% from 45 to 64, and 21.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 52 years. For every 100 females there were 105.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $38,438, and the median income for a family was $41,667. Males had a median income of $21,719 versus $26,458 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,968. About 9.1% of families and 15.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 47.1% of those under age 18 and 8.3% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wagner township, Aitkin County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 17.