Waitin' for the Night
|Waitin' for the Night|
|Studio album by The Runaways|
|Released||October 1, 1977|
|Recorded||Larrabee Sound Studios, Hollywood, California|
|Genre||Heavy metal, punk rock|
|The Runaways chronology|
Waitin' for the Night is the third studio album from The Runaways released in 1977. This is the first album to feature the group as a quartet, as rhythm guitarist Joan Jett took over lead vocals in the wake of the departure of Cherie Currie for a solo career and Vicki Blue (aka Victory Tischler-Blue) replaced Jackie Fox on bass. Though it failed to chart in the US, it was successful in Europe. The album entered at number 34 on the Swedish Album Chart, and the lead single 'School Days' peaked at no. 29 in Belgium.
- "Little Sister" (Joan Jett, Inger Asten) - 3:04
- "Wasted" (Joan Jett, Kim Fowley) - 3:24
- "Gotta Get Out Tonight" (Joan Jett) - 3:31
- "Wait for Me" (Joan Jett) - 4:53
- "Fantasies" (Lita Ford) - 5:36
- "School Days" (Joan Jett, Fowley) - 2:53
- "Trash Can Murders" (Lita Ford) - 3:14
- "Don't Go Away" (Joan Jett) - 3:18
- "Waitin' for the Night" (Joan Jett, Fowley, Kari Krome) - 5:02
- "You're Too Possessive" (Joan Jett) - 4:06
- Band members
- Joan Jett - rhythm guitar, lead and backing vocals
- Lita Ford - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Sandy West - drums, backing vocals
- Vicki Blue - bass, backing vocals
- Kim Fowley - producer
- Taavi Mote - engineer
- Sherry Klein - assistant engineer
|1977||Swedish Albums Chart||34|
|1978||"School Days"||Ultratop 50 Belgian Singles Chart||29|
- Henderson, Alex. "The Runaways Waitin' for the Night review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-08-28.
- Christgau, Robert (1987). "Consumers Guide Reviews: Waitin' for the Night". Robert Christgau. Retrieved 2011-08-28.
- "The Runaways - Waitin' for the Night (album)". Swedishcharts.com. Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- "The Runaways - School Days". Ultratop 50. Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
|This 1970s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|