|• Member of Parliament||Syda Bbumba|
|Elevation||1,080 m (3,540 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
The town of Wakyaato is located approximately 37.5 kilometres (23.3 mi), by road, west of Luweero, the largest town in the sub-region. This location is approximately 92 kilometres (57 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of Wakyaato are:00 52 41N, 32 12 18E (Latitude:0.8790;Longitude:32.2000).
Wakyaato is a small town in northern Nakaseke District. It is the headquarters of Wakyaato Sub-county, one of the eight (8) Sub-counties that constitute the district. The northern part of the district is inhabited predominantly by pastoralist communities, contrasting with the subsistence agriculturalists who inhabit the southern part of Nakaseke District.
The exact population of Wakyaato is not known, as of January 2010.
The landmarks within the town or close to its borders include:
- The offices of Wakyaato Town Council
- The headquarters of Wakyaato Sub-county
- Wakyaato Central Market is the main market
- Wakyaato Health Center III - A health facility administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Wakyaato Prison - A correctional facility administered by the Uganda Prisons Department