|Elevation||65 m (213 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Walajabad had a population of 10,859. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Walajabad has an average literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 68%. In Walajabad, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Before the invasion of Arcot Nawab this place was called as Sivapuram. Then after re named to Walajabad. Here Vishnu and Sivan temple are there which is oldest and belongs to Pallava dynasty. This is central hub which connects Chennai, Kancheepuram, chengalpet and illaiyanaavellur. Near to walajabad (About 17 km) government industrial sipcot is situated. companies such as
- Toyota Tsusho India Pvt Ltd,
- TT Assembly India Pvt Ltd,
- Apollo Tyres
- Asian Paints Limited
- Axon Technologies, Mathur
- Daimler India Commercial vehicles
- Delphi Automotive Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Danfoss India Pvt. Ltd.
- Enviro Metals Waste Management India Pvt Ltd ( a group of Shan Poornam Metals)
- Global Automotive Research Centre
- JCBL Marrel Tippers
- Royal Enfield
- Renault Nissan
- Nippon Logistics
- Aggreko Logistics
Walajabad was known as Seevaram. Seevaram means town and as well as the Buddhist Area. 8km from Walajabad there is Palayaseeavaram. Palayaseevaram means Old seevaram i.e. old town of this Area. Earlier development of the Walajabad Palayaseeavaram stood town stage to this area. Now Walajabad is the main and major place to so many villages. It connects more than 50 villages. There are Two government Higher Secondary Schools, One Aided Higher Secondary Schools, Two Matriculation High schools.
- Indian Bank
- Indian overseas bank
- State Bank of India
- Karur Visaya bank
- Adhi College Of Engg, and Tech (5Km)
- Lord Venkateswara Engineering College (3 km)
- Pachaiyappas Men's College (10 km)
- Pachaiyappas Women's College (12 km)
- Lord Iyyappa Engineering College (5 km)
- pallavan college of engineering (23 km )
- The Indian Public School(Inno Geocity -9 km)
- Amirtham college.
- St. Josephs Matriculation school
- WT Masilamani Mudaliar Higher Secondary School (WTMM Hr.Sec. School)
- Agathiya Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Walajabad, Kanchipuram District ( Agathiya Convent)
- Agathiya Nursery & Primary School, Ayyanpettai, Kanchipuram District.
- Devarasanar Former President of Walajabad
- Pandit R DAKSHINAMOORTHI - the famous mantra scholar and spiritualist has a house at JS Nagar.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Next station east north/north:
|South West Line, Chennai Suburban||Next station south/south west:
|Stop number: 33||KM from start: 81.59|
|This Kanchipuram district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|