From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For uses of Wallach, see Wallach (disambiguation).
|Look up Wallachia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wallachia (Walachia, Valachia, Valahia) is a historical and geographical region of Romania.
Wallachia may also refer to:
- "Bogdano-Wallachia" (Bogdan's Wallachia), "Small Vallachia", "Valachia Minor", "Moldo-Wallachia", "Maurovlachia", "Black Wallachia", "Moldovlachia", "Rousso-Vlachia", "L`otra Wallachia" (the "other Wallachia"), alternate names for Moldavia, a region in eastern Romania
- Black Wallachia (Morlachia), a region in Dalmatia
- Cisalpine Wallachia/Walachia Citeriore (also called "Vulaska", "Vlaska", "Valachia", "Vlaskozemski", Parvan vallachiam, etc.), alternate names for Banat, a region in south western Romania
- Great Wallachia, a region in Thessaly
- Greater Wallachia (Muntenia), a region in Romania east of the Olt River
- Lesser Wallachia (Oltenia), a region in Romania west of the Olt River
- Moravian Wallachia (Valašsko in Czech), a region in the Beskid Mountains of the Czech Republic
- Old Vallachia (Stari Vlah), a region in eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina and western Serbia
- Sirmium Wallachia, a region on the Sava River
- Small Wallachia, a region through Aetolia, Acarnania, Dorida (Doris), Locrida (Locris)
- Upper Valachia of Moscopole and Metsovon, a region through southern Macedonia, Albania and Epirus
- Valahia Transalpina, a name for regions of Fagara? and Hateg
- White Wallachia, a region in Moesia
Other regions with similar-sounding names include:
- ro:Ieremia Valahul (Italian: Geremia da Valacchia) (Jon Stoika, 1556–1625), Capuchin priest, b. in Tzazo, Moldavia ("Vallachia Minor" or "Piccola Valacchia", i.e. Small Wallachia) Romania, beatified in 1983
- Saint Blaise (Croatian: Sveti Vlaho, Greek: Agios Vlasios), patron saint of Dubrovnik, an Armenian martyr
- Nicolaus Olahus (Latin for Nicholas, the Vlach; Hungarian: Oláh Miklós, Romanian: Nicolae Valahul) (1493–1568), Archbishop of Esztergom
- Wallachia (band), a Norwegian black metal band
- Kingdom of Wallachia, a micronation
- Night of Walachia, the main antagonist of Melty Blood
- Oláh (disambiguation)
- Vlach, a blanket term covering several modern Latin peoples descending from the Latinised population in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
- Volokh, an alternate spelling (East Slavic)
- Wallach (disambiguation)
- Wallack, a term related to Wallach
- Wallich, an unrelated, but phonetically similar name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wallachia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.