From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up wallah in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wallah may refer to:
- Wallah (Arabic)
- -wallah (or -wala), derived from Hindustani वाला والا -vālā (suffix forming an adjectival compound with a noun or an agentive sense with a verb), an Indian suffix indicating a person involved in some kind of activity, for example:
- Dabbawala, lunch box deliverer
- Auto-wallah, driver of an auto rickshaw
- Chai-wallah, a boy or young man who serves tea
- Attar-wallah, seller of perfumes and extracts
- Kulfi-wallah, maker of Kulfi (Ice-cream)
- Kaan-saaf wallah, ear cleaner
- Bottley-wallah, recycler of printed material, bottles, and these days, electronic gadgets such as TVs
- Dudh-Wallah, this is a caste, an accent and applies to milkmen
- Punkawallah, The servant who keeps the punkah or fan going on hot nights
- Dhobi wallah, laundry worker.
- Dole-wallah, one who is unemployed and collects Job Seekers allowance (in the UK) without any intention of finding gainful employment.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.