Walled Lake Consolidated Schools
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
|Walled Lake Consolidated Schools|
|Walled Lake, MI
|Motto||We're Making Tomorrow|
|Established||Prior to 1955|
|Superintendent of Schools||Mr. Kenneth Gutman|
|Grades||PK - 12|
|Number of students||~15,500+|
|School colour(s)||Blue & White|
|Athletics||Kensington Lakes Activities Association Conference|
The Walled Lake Consolidated School District is a school district with its headquarters in the Educational Services Center in Walled Lake, Michigan in Greater Detroit. The district has 14 elementary schools, four middle schools and three high schools and one alternative school serves over 15,000 children.
Its service area includes all or portions of cities of Farmington Hills, Novi, Orchard Lake, Walled Lake and Wixom, the townships of Commerce, West Bloomfield and White Lake, and the village of Wolverine Lake.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2013)|
In the 2000s the State of Michigan requested that the district buy land in an area in Commerce Township. At the time the state owned about 600 acres (240 ha) of land there. In February 2004 the district filed an application with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources proposing to purchase 155 acres (63 ha) of land along Wise Road in the township. In response, a land conservation group attempted to stop the efforts.
In 2010 the district reported having a potential deficit of $22.7 million for the 2010-2011 school year. The district proposed a deficit reduction plan which proposed privatizing transportation and custodial services and laying off 300 district employees, including teachers.
- Twin Suns Preschool
- Commerce Elementary School
- Dublin Elementary School
- Glengary Elementary School
- Mary Helen Guest Elementary School
- Hickory Woods Elementary
- Keith Elementary
- Loon Lake Elementary
- Meadowbrook Elementary
- Oakley Park Elementary
- Pleasant Lake Elementary
- Walled Lake Elementary
- Wixom Elementary
- St. Patrick School (Elementary)
- Clifford Smart Middle School
- James R. Geisler Middle School
- Sarah Banks Middle School
- Walnut Creek Middle School
- St. Patrick School (Middle)
- Educational Services Center
- Outdoor Education Center
- Community Education Center
- Maple Elementary
- Twin Beach Elementary
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2009)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008)|
- "Home." Walled Lake Consolidated Schools. Retrieved on November 8, 2012. "850 Ladd Rd, Bldg D :: Walled Lake, MI 48390"
- "Map of Entire District." (Archive) Walled Lake Consolidated Schools. Retrieved on November 8, 2012. "Educational Services Center 850 Ladd Rd, Bldg D, Walled Lake 48390"
- Foley, Aaron. "Schools report: Walled Lake ponders cuts, Livonia eyes privatization." MLive. March 15, 2010. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "Oakland County's largest school district is at risk of losing 300 employees. The Oakland Press reports that the Walled Lake Consolidated School Board is grappling with a $22.7 million deficit."
- Tippen, Molly. "Facing $22 million deficit, Walled Lake district eyes cuts." The Oakland Press. Sunday March 14, 2010. Retrieved on June 19, 2013.
- "Walled Lake schools want state land." The Detroit News. February 3, 2005. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. ID: det20769999. "A land conservation group is trying to suspend efforts by Walled Lake schools to buy state land to expand. Last February, the school district submitted an application to the Department of Natural Resources with a plan to buy 155 acres on Wise Road in Commerce Township. The district did so at the request of the state, which is trying to sell the land. The state owns about 600 acres in that area. The DNR has not yet responded to the district's[...]"