Wallenpaupack Lake Estates, Pennsylvania
|Wallenpaupack Lake Estates, Pennsylvania|
|Wallenpaupack Lake Estates|
Wallenpaupack Lake Estates is situated on the banks of Lake Wallenpaupack, the third largest lake in Pennsylvania.
|US Congressional District||PA-10|
|School District||Wallenpaupack Area|
|Named for||Lake Wallenpaupack|
|• Total||2.02 sq mi (5.2 km2)|
|• Land||1.73 sq mi (4 km2)|
|• Water||0.39 sq mi (1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,371 ft (418 m)|
|• Density||285.4/sq mi (739.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern Daylight (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||De facto
|GNIS feature IDs||2633445, 2633418|
|Waterways||Beaver Lake, Deer Lake, Lake Wallenpaupack|
|Website||Wallenpaupack Lake Estates|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the community has a total area of 2.02 square miles (5.2 km2), 1.73 square miles (4.5 km2) of which is land and 0.39 square miles (1.0 km2) (19.31%) of which is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,279 people and 405 families residing in the community. The population density was 739.3 inhabitants per square mile (285.4/km2). There were 1,415 housing units at an average density of 700.5 per square mile (270.5/km2). The racial makeup of the community was 96.0% White, 2.3% Black or African American, 0.2% American Indian or Alaska Native, 0.3% Asian. 0.4% of the community's inhabitants classified themselves as being from other races, and 0.8% identified as two or more races. Hispanics and Latinos of any race made up 3.6% of the population.
There were 537 households, 58.2% of which were heterosexual married couples living together (Pennsylvania did not start performing same-sex marriages until May 20, 2014), and 23.8% of which had children under the age of 18 living with them. 3.4% had a male householder with no wife present, while 11.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.6% of households were non-families. 20.3% of all households were made up of individuals, 9.8% of which consisted of an individual 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.38 and the average family size was 2.70.
The community's population was relatively age-diverse, with 18.5% of residents under the age of 18, 54.8% aged 18 to 64, and 26.7% aged 65 years of age or older. The median age was 51.1 years.
The median income for a household in the community was $53,046, and the median income for a family was $64,719. The median income for male full-time, year-round workers was $49,087, while similar females had a median income of $38,635. The per capita income for the community was $28,155. About 11.3% of families and 15.4% of the population were below the poverty threshold, including 21.6% of those under age 18 and 9.4% of those ages 65 or over.
- "District Magistrate". Wayne County, PA. Wayne County Courthouse. 2014. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Wallenpaupack Lake Estates". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 19 July 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Look up a ZIP CodeTM". USPS.COM. USPS. 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Wallenpaupack Lake Estates Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 19 July 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000. "Census Demographic Profiles, Paupack Township" (PDF). CenStats Databases. <http://censtats.census.gov/data/>. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Beaver Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 30 August 1990. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Deer Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 30 August 1990. Retrieved 13 December 2014.