|Wally E. Horn|
|Member of the Iowa Senate
from the 17th district
January 10, 1983
|Preceded by||Clarence Carney|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 28th district
January 8, 1973 – January 10, 1983
|Preceded by||Charles Cnoblauch|
|Succeeded by||Donald Avenson|
November 28, 1933 |
|Residence||Cedar Rapids, Iowa|
|Alma mater||Northeastern Missouri State Teachers College
Texas A&M University
University of Texas
Wally E. Horn (born November 28, 1933) is the Iowa State Senator from the 17th District.
Horn currently serves on several committees in the Iowa Senate - the Judiciary committee; the Labor and Business Relations committee; the Rebuild Iowa committee; and the State Government committee. He also serves on the Education Appropriations Subcommittee.
Early life and education
Horn was raised in Bloomfield, Iowa and graduated from Bloomfield High School. A Democrat, he received his BS and MA from Northeastern Missouri State Teachers College, with graduate work done at Texas A&M University and the University of Texas at Austin.
- Council State Government
- Midwest Legislature's Executive Board
- Executive committee for the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
- Community Correction Board
- Elks and Moose Lodges Board
- American Legion
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- NCSL Executive Board (15 years)
Horn is married to his wife Phyllis Peterson and together they have two children and six grandchildren.
- "Senator Wally Horn". Iowa Senate District 35. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Senator Wally Horn official Iowa Legislature site
- Senator Wally Horn official Iowa General Assembly site
- State Senator Wally Horn official constituency site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
|Iowa House of Representatives|
1973 – 1983
1983 – 1993
1993 – 2003
2003 – present
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|