||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2010)|
Olins is Chairman of Saffron Brand Consultants which operates globally.
After studying history at St. Peter's College, Oxford he went into advertising in London. His first big job was as head of the agency that became Ogilvy and Mather in Mumbai, where he lived for five years. He returned to London and in 1965 co-founded Wolff Olins where he was Chairman. He founded Saffron Brand Consultants in 2001 with Jacob Benbunan, an ex-colleague from Wolff Olins.
Olins has advised many of the world’s leading organisations on identity, branding, communication and related matters. These include 3i, Akzo Nobel, Repsol, Q8, The Portuguese Tourist Board, BT, Renault, Volkswagen, Tata and Lloyd's of London. He has acted as advisor both to McKinsey and Bain. He pioneered the concept of the nation as a brand and has worked for a number of cities and countries, including London, Mauritius, Northern Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Lithuania.
He has been a visiting professor at many Business Schools around the world and a speaker on branding and communications issues globally.
Awards and recognition
Olins was awarded a CBE in 1999. He was nominated for the Prince Philip Designers Prize in 1999 and received the Royal Society of Arts’ Bicentenary Medal in 2000. He was given the D&AD President’s Award in 2003 and the Reputation Institute's first ever Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. Olins is an Honorary Fellow of St. Peter's College Oxford and in 2013 was awarded an Honorary Professorship at UPC in Lima, Peru.
Olins is a successful author. Over 250,000 copies of his books have been sold in 18 languages, including the seminal works ‘Corporate Identity’, 'On Brand', and 'The Brand Handbook'. His newest book, 'The Brand New - The Shape of Brands to Come', will be published by Thames & Hudson in April 2014.
- "Brand New - The Shape of Brands to Come" 2014
- "Wally Olins -The Brand Handbook" 2008
- "Wally Olins - On Brand" 2003
- "Trading Identities" 1999
- "The New Guide to Identity" 1995
- "Corporate Identity" 1989
- "The Corporate Personality: an inquiry into the nature of corporate identity" 1978
- WallyOlins.com 
- Wally Olins, 2007 (video): »The Nation as Brand«
- Interview with Wally Olins on design and emotion
- Wally Olins at the Corporate Identity Gipfel in Konstanz on 26. March 2010 
- The Brand called Wally Olins, AdWeek 
- Design & Emotion 
- Huge opportunity exists on Branding India 
- Brand Poland 
- Reuters, What's Right with India