|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
The Wally Squad is a fictional undercover police force in the Judge Dredd stories of 2000 AD. Wally Squad agents were undercover judges noted for their eccentricity and borderline lunacy; these characteristic behaviours were an inevitable consequence of working undercover in a world of complete future shock.
It was also the name of one story in progs #390-392 (1984).
Numerous stories deal with members of the Wally Squad, who include:
- Judge Yvonne Hollister, formerly one of the Council of Five
- Aimee Nixon and others featured in Low Life including:
- Dirty Frank
- Judge Eric 'Mortal' Coil
- Judge Guthrie
- Jack Point, the Simping Detective.
- Judge Renga
- Lenny Zero
- Judge Mentative
- Judge Kermode
- Judge Ferrara, Bite-fight Infiltrator as Cain "The Fang" Ferrara
The name is a reference to the "Where's Wally" series, the British edition of "Where's Waldo", a children's picture book in which the object is to find Wally and his friends among crowds of similarly dressed people. The term "wally" is British slang meaning a fool.
- Wally Squad at the Comic Book DB
|This UK comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|