Walter Bradley (engineer)
|Walter L. Bradley|
|Born||December 27, 1943|
|Institutions||Colorado School of Mines
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Texas A&M University
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
Walter L. Bradley is a retired professor of engineering, lecturer, old Earth creationist and an advocate of intelligent design. He is a professor at Baylor University and has researched the use of coconut husks as a replacement for synthetic fibers. He taught mechanical engineering at Texas A&M University.
Bradley is on the selection committee for the Trotter Prize, which rewards work on intelligent design. He is the co-author of The Mystery of Life's Origin: Reassessing Current Theories which gives a creationist interpretation of abiogenesis, attributing it to a deity rather than natural forces.
Bradley was one of the pioneers of the concept of intelligent design, attempting to explain topics not yet understood by science as the activity of God. Bradley's writings on the subject anticipated some of the concepts later articulated by William Dembski and Michael Behe, and he was a participant in early meetings regarding the wedge strategy, a religious public relations campaign with a goal of reshaping American culture to adopt evangelical Protestant values.
- Gross PR; Forrest BC (2004). Creationism's Trojan Horse: the wedge of intelligent design. Oxford [Oxfordshire]: Oxford University Press. pp. 277. ISBN 0-19-515742-7.
- Pennock RT (1999). Tower of Babel: the evidence against the new creationism. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press. p. 29. ISBN 0-262-16180-X.
- Alston, JP (2003). The Scientific Case Against Scientific Creationism. iUniverse. pp. 22. ISBN 0-595-29108-2.
- Craig WL: Moreland JP (2003). Philosophical foundations for a Christian worldview. Downers Grove, Ill: InterVarsity Press. pp. 353. ISBN 0-8308-2694-7.
- Soon, 'green' cars made of coconut husks January 7, 2009, ANI
- Wang, M (2000-02-03). "UCLA guest lecture on existence of God stimulates debate". Daily Bruin. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- Huntington, D (2007-04-25). "Christian 'Origins' Expert Promotes Evolution at Texas Universities". The Christian Post .
- Olsen, Roger L.; Thaxton, Charles B.; Bradley, Walter F. (1984). The mystery of life's origin: reassessing current theories. New York: Philosophical Library. ISBN 0-8022-2447-4.
- Godfrey, Laurie R.; Andrew J. Petto (2007). Scientists confront intelligent design and creationism. New York: W.W. Norton & Company. pp. 327. ISBN 0-393-05090-4.