Walter Reed (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Walter Reed (1851–1902) was a U.S. Army physician celebrated for work establishing that yellow fever is spread by mosquitoes.
Walter Reed may also refer to:
- Walter Reed (actor) (1916–2001), American actor
- Walter Reed (cricketer) (1839–1880), English cricketer
- Walter Reed (Canadian politician) (1869–1945)
- Killah Priest (Walter Reed, born 1970), rapper
Military medical institutions
- Walter Reed General Hospital (WRGH) (1909–1951), Washington, DC, USA, a former U.S. Army general hospital
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC) (1951–2011), Washington, DC, the U.S. Army's main hospital on the East Coast
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center neglect scandal, the 2007 scandal concerning substandard care of soldiers at WRAMC
- Walter Reed Health Care System (WRHCS), a complex of U.S. Army hospitals and clinics in the Washington, DC, region
- Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), Silver Spring (Forest Glen), a research center and former tenant unit of the WRAMC installation
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), a merged facility of WRAMC with the National Naval Medical Center which opened in Bethesda, MD
- Walt Reed, art historian and author
- Walter Reed Medal, a military decoration given to those who participated in the yellow fever investigation
- Walter Reed Middle School, a school in Studio City, California
- "Walter Reed," a song by Michael Penn on the album Mr. Hollywood Jr., 1947
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.