23 May 1898|
Mohawk, Florida, United States
|Died||9 June 1996
Stuart, Florida, United States
He was born on May 23, 1898, in Mohawk, Florida.
In 1924, he won the gold medal as member of the American team in the team free rifle event, and the bronze medal in the team running deer, single shots, competition.
At the 1924 Summer Olympics, he also participated in the following events:
- 600 metre free rifle - fourth place
- Team running deer, double shots - fifth place
- running deer, single shots - tenth place
- 50 metre rifle, prone - tenth place
- running deer, double shots - twelfth place
He died on June 9, 1996, in Stuart, Florida.
- "Walter Stokes". Sports Reference. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
|This article about a sport shooting Olympic medalist of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|