|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||458 and 541|
Walterville post office was established in 1875 and named by the first postmaster and prominent Central Oregon rancher, George Millican, for his son Walter. The town of Millican in Deschutes County was named for George Millican. Members of the Millican family have lived in the area since the 1860s and the Millican Century Farm is still in operation.
Walterville Pond, on Eugene Water & Electric Board's (EWEB) Walterville Canal, is a 70-acre (280,000 m2) water storage pond that is also used for fishing and birdwatching. Walterville Canal was built by EWEB in 1911 to provide hydropower to pump McKenzie River water to Eugene for use as drinking water.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; Lewis L. McArthur (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (Seventh Edition ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. pp. 645–646, 1006. ISBN 0-87595-277-1.
- "Triangle 5 Ranch: The Location". Triangle 5 Ranch. Retrieved 2007-11-22.
- "Oregon's McKenzie River Communities: Metro Area to Walterville". McKenzie River Reflections. Retrieved 2007-11-22.
- "Birding Trails: Walterville Pond". Willamalane Park and Recreation District. Archived from the original on 2008-04-02. Retrieved 2007-11-22.
- "Looking back: How EWEB got started". Eugene Water and Electric Board. Retrieved 2007-11-22.
- "Walterville". Springfield School District. Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2007-11-22.
|This Lane County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|