Walworth County, Wisconsin
|Walworth County, Wisconsin|
Location in the state of Wisconsin
Wisconsin's location in the U.S.
|Named for||Reuben H. Walworth|
|• Total||577 sq mi (1,494 km2)|
|• Land||555 sq mi (1,437 km2)|
|• Water||21 sq mi (54 km2), 3.7%|
|• Density||184/sq mi (71/km²)|
|Congressional districts||1st, 5th|
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
- Waukesha County (northeast)
- Racine County (east)
- Kenosha County (east)
- McHenry County, Illinois (southeast)
- Boone County, Illinois (southwest)
- Rock County (west)
- Jefferson County (northwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 93,759 people, 34,522 households, and 23,267 families residing in the county. The population density was 169 people per square mile (65/km²). There were 43,783 housing units at an average density of 79 per square mile (30/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 94.49% White, 0.84% Black or African American, 0.23% Native American, 0.65% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 2.62% from other races, and 1.14% from two or more races. 6.54% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 34,522 households out of which 31.80% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.40% were married couples living together, 8.20% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.60% were non-families. 24.70% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.20% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 3.07.
In the county, the population was spread out with 24.20% under the age of 18, 13.80% from 18 to 24, 27.60% from 25 to 44, 21.80% from 45 to 64, and 12.70% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 98.90 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.20 males.
- Burlington (mostly in Racine County)
- Lake Geneva
- Whitewater (partly in Jefferson County)
- Abells Corners
- Allen's Grove
- Big Foot Prairie (partial)
- Delavan Lake
- East Delavan
- Fairfield (partial)
- Heart Prairie
- Honey Creek
- La Grange
- Lake Beulah
- Lake Como
- Lake Ivanhoe
- Lake Lawn
- Lake Lorraine
- Lauderdale Lakes
- Lauderdale Shores
- Little Prairie
- North Bloomfield
- Pell Lake
- Potter Lake
- Powers Lake
- Spring Prairie
- Troy Center
- Turtle Lake
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Walworth County, Wisconsin
- Walworth County Fairgrounds
- "County Directory - Walworth County". Wisconsin Counties Association. Retrieved 2007-05-13.[dead link]
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
||Jefferson County||Waukesha County|
|Rock County||Racine County and Kenosha County|
|Boone County, Illinois||McHenry County, Illinois|