|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Michel Montagne|
|• Land1||8.9 km2 (3.4 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||68/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||62873 / 62128|
|Elevation||56–101 m (184–331 ft)
(avg. 61 m or 200 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Wancourt is situated some 5 miles (8.0 km) southeast of Arras, at the junction of the D33 and the D34E roads. The A1 autoroute passes by just yards from the commune.
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.|
Places of interest
- The church of St.Aubode, rebuilt, along with much of the village, after World War I.
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemeteries.
- The CWGC cemetery at Wancourt
- The CWGC Guémappe cemetery
- Feuchy CWGC cemetery
- Wancourt on the Quid website (French)
|This Arras arrondissement, Pas-de-Calais geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|