Wander Over Yonder
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Wander Over Yonder|
|Format||Animated television series|
|Created by||Craig McCracken|
|Directed by||Craig McCracken
|Opening theme||"Wander Over Yonder" performed by the Two Man Gentlemen Band|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1 (2 ordered)|
|No. of episodes||28 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Craig McCracken|
|Producer(s)||Lauren Faust (co-producer, Season 1)|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Disney Television Animation|
|Original channel||Disney Channel (2013-present)
Disney XD (2014-present)
|Original run||August 16, 2013– present|
Wander Over Yonder is an American animated comedy television series produced by Disney Television Animation for Disney Channel and now Disney XD. The series previewed on August 16, 2013, and officially premiered on September 13, 2013.
The series premiered on Disney XD, on December 9, 2013, with its own week titled Winter Wander What?! Week.
On February 16, 2014, it was announced that Wander Over Yonder premieres will leave Disney Channel, and move to Disney XD starting in Spring 2014, similar with what happened with most of Phineas and Ferb's second season. As of July 2014, the series airs new episodes on Disney Channel, as part of Disney XD on Disney Channel.
On June 23, 2014, Disney announced that Wander Over Yonder had been renewed for a second season. The second season premiere date has not been announced yet, but it will air sometime in 2015.
The series follows Wander, a nomadic and overly-optimistic intergalactic traveler and his steed Sylvia traveling from planet to planet helping people have fun and live free, all against Lord Hater and his army of Watchdogs' evil reign.
In the credits sequence of each episode, there is an animatic of a scene in the episode, usually an extended version of the scene or an extra one.
The show's creator and executive producer, Craig McCracken, previously created the Emmy-winning Cartoon Network series The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Lauren Faust served as co-producer and story editor of Season 1. This is McCracken's first television show outside Cartoon Network and his first animated television series for Disney Channel.
The eponymous character, Wander, made his debut on sketchbooks, clothes and patches that McCracken sold at conventions as well as in a never-finished graphic novel. McCracken described Wander as a "nomadic, hippie, muppet man."
A sneak peek of the series aired at Comic-Con International 2012 for Disney Channel. The first promo aired on July 19, 2013 during the premiere of Teen Beach Movie. A early preview of an eleven-minute episode titled "The Picnic" aired on Disney Channel after Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel on August 16, 2013 and the series started airing regularly on September 13, 2013.
Cast and characters
||This section possibly contains original research. (September 2013)|
- Wander (voiced by Jack McBrayer) speaks in a Southern accent and is very optimistic, sweet, friendly and in ways annoying. He aspires to explore different worlds, discover new things, and help people have fun and live free, all against Lord Hater and his army of Watchdogs' evil reign. Wander is a short, red-orange-furred being of an indeterminate species. He has large, expressive eyes with black pupils. He has three black stripes of beard hair on his chin. He is usually seen with a big floppy green hat with a black stripe above the brim and a yellow star located on the black stripe. The inside of his hat seems to be black as well. He also wears light blue shoes with white laces, and a black stripe in the middle of the shoes. He is very often seen with a smile. He is very cute and fun-loving. Given his positive nature and beliefs, Wander is often oblivious to danger as well as Hater's aggressive nature.
- Sylvia (voiced by April Winchell) is Wander's loyal, although bullish steed and best friend, who explores and travels the universe with him. She enjoys fighting, and though her rough nature can cause her to come off as ill-tempered, inconsiderate and reckless at times although she has a softer side. Despite this, she has shown some skepticism to defeating Lord Hater, saying that Wander "would have to be crazy to stop Lord Hater". Sylvia is blue with a long neck, stubby arms, and big expressive eyes. She has a black rein wrapped around her muzzle and a big floppy tuft of bright pink hair jutting upward from her head, matching the tuft of fur on the tip of her tail. While she is sometimes referred to as Wander's horse, she is actually one of a species called a "Zbornak", more similar to a dragon than a horse.
- Lord Hater (voiced by Keith Ferguson) is a skeletal being clad in red robes and is Wander's nemesis and ruler of the Hater Empire. His main, number one henchman is Peepers, while his minions are known as the Watchdogs. Lord Hater is a power-hungry, evil and cruel dictator and conqueror. He hates being told what to do by those he declares lower than him, including his own henchman, Peepers. What he desires most is absolute rule of the entire Universe under his fist, and no one stands in his way. However, he incredibly hates Wander, the physical opposite of everything that he is, and cannot stand him due to his superfluous optimism and obliviousness to his evil. He has a pet spider-like alien named Captain Tim, who was given to him by Sylvia and Wander.
- Commander Peepers (voiced by Tom Kenny) is Lord Hater's #1 henchman/second in command and seems willing to do anything Lord Hater commands. He, at times, is sometimes smarter than Lord Hater, sensing danger ahead as Lord Hater mostly ignores him.
- The Watchdogs (various actors), small, short eyeball headed creatures that serve as Hater's minions and seem to make up the bulk (and possible the entirety) of his army. They are loyal to their master, but are often distracted, thanks to interference from Wander.
- Emperor Awesome (voiced by Sam Riegel), a preening, flamboyant cool-dude shark-like man, and is one of Lord Hater's greatest nemeses as well as his arch-rival in universal conquest. He has his own minions he calls "The Fist Fighters".
- King Bingleborp (voiced by Tom Kenny), the jolly-happy ruler of the Binglebop planet, Binglebopolopolis.
- Fleeblebort (voiced by Tom Kenny), a green duck-like alien that Wander helped him to arrive and stop the Wedding to declare his love for Marsha.
- Captain Tim (voiced by Fred Tatasciore), the assumed name of a spider-like alien that Wander discovers on an abandoned spaceship and gives to Lord Hater.
- Badlands Dan (voiced by Clancy Brown), a former bad guy who lives in the planet "Doomstone". (Now called "Congenial Rock")
- Papa Doom (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson), a formerly evil crime lord on "Doomstone'".
- Prince Cashmere (voiced by Bill Fagerbakke), the bravex prince of "Baaaaa-halla", and the leader of his strong army of goat warriors. He first appeared in "The Troll", where Wander and Sylvia helped him take down an obnoxious troll.
- Westley (voiced by Aziz Ansari), the littlest Watchdog cadet who befriends Wander and Sylvia.
- Beeza (voiced by Tara Strong), the leader of the species whose planet keeps getting destroyed by Buster the giant dog.
- Rongruffle (voiced by April Winchell) is a pig like Bounty Hunter.
- Killbot 86 (voiced by Keith Ferguson) is a robot bounty hunter.
- The Potted Plant (voiced by unknown) is a plant bounty hunter who can actually eat you up.
- Sir Brad Starlight (voiced by James Marsden) is a character who first appeared in "The Hero" to help Wander and Sylvia save a princess, but it turns out he's whiny man-child who just kidnapped the princess for himself in order to fulfill "The Prophecy" which is his diary, he is expected to return in an upcoming episode called "The Enemies" and will duke it out with Lord Hater. 
- Princess Demurra (voiced by Jennifer Hale) is the princess from "The Hero" Wander, Sylvia, and Brad Starlight were out to rescue, but Brad just did for "The Prophecy", and kidnapped her, Wander, Sylvia, King Draykor, and the Hogs were going to rescue her but it turns out she handled it herself and tied him up.
- King Draykor (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) is the "evil" dragon king that "kidnapped" Princess Demurra and "stole" her to his "Labyrinth of Delusion", it turns out he was a good guy while Starlight was the bad guy.
- Harvax (voiced by Jeff Bennett) is a dark blue steed like alien who first appeared in "The Time Bomb", him and Stok were racing against Wander and Sylvia, and they constantly teased Sylvia by calling her "Time Bomb", at the end, they won the race but were disqualified sine Harvax using fake proboscis, therefore, Wander and Sylvia were the real winners of the race.
- Stok (voiced by Charlie Adler) is a yellow Woodstock bird whose best friend is Harvax, all he can say is "Tick-tock" and "boom", at the end, they won the race but were disqualified sine Harvax using fake proboscis, therefore, Wander and Sylvia were the real winners of the race.
- Trudi Traveler (voiced by Edie McClurg) is an elderly tourist who challenged Wander to see different planets in the galaxy as a contest/competition, it looks like she may have won, but at the end of the episode, it was revealed that she used clones to help her, proving that Wander actually did win.
- Planet Janet (voiced by Kari Wahlgren) is a planet who first appeared in "The Lonely Planet", at first wanted to keep Wander all to herself, but then learned that you can't keep everything forever, she eventually fell in love with Maurice, a moon with a mustache.
- Maurice (voiced by René Auberjonois) is a talking moon with a mustache who is in a relationship with Janet.
- Huckleberry Knucklehead (voiced by Owen Faust) is a giant toddler who first appeared in "The Toddler", Wander found him wandering around by himself, and throughout that episode, Wander and Sylvia were trying to get the baby to its parents, at the end of the episode, they did, but they're real tiny fleas.
- Queen Entozoa (voiced by Rich Fulcher) is an alien queen who appeared in "The Fancy Party", she invited all the villains (including Wander and Sylvia since Wander is "the most wanted fugitive in the galaxy"), she is 1,000 years old. At the end of the episode, it was revealed that a slug demon was possessing her body for all those years, it was going to take over Lord Hater's body, but then Wander did the Heimlich to save him, so now, the queen is now sandwich, and now wants revenge on Wander, Lord Hater, Sylvia, and Peepers.
- Destructor (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) was the main antagonist of the episode "The Epic Quest of Unfathomable Difficulty!!!", apparently, his father threw away his sock when he was young so he was evil until Wander and Sylvia returned the sock back to him.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||39||August 16, 2013
September 13, 2013 (premiere)
- Jack McBrayer - Wander
- April Winchell - Sylvia, Oink, Rongruffle, Various
- Keith Ferguson - Lord Hater, Celestial Being, Troll, Killbot 86, Various
- Tom Kenny - Commander Peepers, King Bingleborp, Balloon Guy, Fleeblebort, Various
- Charlie Adler as Stok
- René Auberjonois as Maurice
- Jeff Bennett as Harvax, Various
- Clancy Brown as Badlands Dan
- Corey Burton as Captain, Various
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin as Little Girl, Various
- Bill Fagerbakke as Prince Cashmere
- Owen Faust as Huckleberry Kuncklehead
- Rich Fulcher as Queen, Worm, Various
- Jennifer Hale as Princess Demurra
- John Hodgman as Lord of Illumination
- Craig McCracken as Sock Puppet
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Papa Doom, Glen, Various
- Sam Riegel as Emperor Awesome, Various
- Tara Strong as Beeza, Various
- Fred Tatasciore as Beast, Captain Tim, Snailman the Mailman, Fire Lion, King Drakor, Lost and Found Guy, Various
- Kari Wahlgren as Janet
- Aziz Ansari as Westley
- James Marsden as Sir Brad Starlight
- Edie McClurg as Trudie Traveler
- Weird Al Yankovic as Dr. Screwball Jones 
- Will Arnett as Ryder 
The premiere was cable TV’s #2 primetime telecast in total viewers (2.9 million).
On June 23, 2014, Eric Coleman, Senior Vice President, Original Series at Disney Television Animation announced a second season of Wander Over Yonder.
Wander Over Yonder aired as a preview on Disney Channel and Family on August 16, 2013. It officially premiered on September 13, 2013 and September 15, 2013 respectively. The series premiered on December 7, 2013 on Disney Channel (Southeast Asia)It also airs on Disney XD (UK and Ireland) and Disney XD (South Africa).
- "Exclusive: Disney Channel Sets Premiere Date for New Cartoon Wander Over Yonder". Tvguide.com. 2013-07-22. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Breaking News - 2013-14 Disney Channel's Worldwide Kids Upfront Announcement". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-04-01. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Wander Over Yonder Coming To TV - The New Project From Powerpuff Creator Craig McCracken - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors". Bleedingcool.com. 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Breaking News - Disney Channel's Intergalactic Animated Comedy Series "Wander Over Yonder" from Emmy Award-Winning Producer Craig McCracken Premieres Friday, September 13". TheFutonCritic.com. 2013-07-22. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- disney rocks (2012-06-22). "Disney Channel Announces Comic-Con Pane ls for ‘Tron: Uprising’, ‘Phineas and Ferb’, ‘Fish Hooks’, ‘Gravity Falls’ and More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Jim Hill: Jack McBrayer Says Goodbye to Kenneth From NBC's 30 Rock and Hello to Disney's Wander Over Yonder". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Wander Over Yonder Characters | Disney Channel". Disneychannel.disney.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- A Very Rough History of Wander in the News
- "Exclusive: Disney Channel Sets Premiere Date for New Cartoon Wander Over Yonder". TV Guide.com. 2013-07-22. Retrieved 2014-07-27.
- "Premiere of ‘Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel’ Rockets to Over 6 Month High in Total Viewers and 1-Year High in Kids 2-11 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- Koch, Dave (June 23, 2014). "Disney Animation Runs Pickle & Peanut". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- Official website
- Wander Over Yonder at the Internet Movie Database
- Wander Over Yonder at the Big Cartoon DataBase