Wang Bing (director)
|Pinyin||Wáng Bìng (Mandarin)|
Wang Bing (Chinese: 王兵; pinyin: Wáng Bìng; born 1967) is a Chinese director, often referred to as one of the foremost figures in documentary film-making. Wang is the founder of his own production company, Wang Bing Studios, which produces most of his films. His movie The Ditch on Chinese labour camps was included in the 2010 Venice Film Festival as the film sorpresa.
Wang's 9 hour epic documentary of industrial China, Tie Xi Qu was considered a major success. Tie Xi Qu went on to win the Grand Prix at the Marseille Festival of Documentary Film and was shown for the first time in Spain at the Punto de Vista International Documentary Film Festival. Wang's film, Fengming, a Chinese Memoir, premiered at both Cannes and Toronto in 2007. More recently Crude Oil premiered at the 2008 Rotterdam Film Festival.
|Year||English Title||Chinese Title||Notes|
|2003||Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks||铁西区||Grand Prix at the Marseille Festival of Documentary Film|
|2007||Fengming, a Chinese Memoir||和凤鸣||Grand Prize at the Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival|
|2007||Brutality Factory||暴力工厂||Short in the anthology The State of the World|
|2008||Crude Oil||采油日记 / 原油|
|2009||Man With No Name||无名者|
|2010||The Ditch||夹边沟||Premiered at 67th Venice International Film Festival|
|2012||Three Sisters||三姊妹||Premiered at 69th Venice International Film Festival
Winner “Regard d’or” (= Grand Prix of the Jury) at the Fribourg International Film Festival fiff.ch, 23 March 2013
|2013||Til madness do us part||瘋愛||Premiered at 70th Venice International Film Festival|
- Koehler, Robert (2007-05-20). "Fengming: A Chinese Memoir- Cannes Film Festival Review". Variety. Retrieved 2007-12-21.
- Obsessed With Film, Venice 2010 Review: THE DITCH; the “film a sorpresa” that couldn’t live up to last year’s Herzog, September 6, 2010
- "La Biennale di Venezia - The Ditch".
- "La Biennale di Venezia - Orizzonti".
- Wang Bing at the Internet Movie Database
- «I am just a simple individual who films what he loves to film». Interview with Wang Bing La furia umana, n. 20, Summer 2014 [lafuriaumana.it]
|This article about a Chinese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|