Wanted: Monty Mole
|Wanted: Monty Mole|
Cover art (ZX Spectrum)
|Developer(s)||Peter Harrap (Spectrum)
Antony Crowther (C64)
|Release date(s)||ZX Spectrum
The player controls the titular mole who has to travel around a coal mine collecting pieces of coal and other miscellaneous objects while avoiding various nasties and the infamous crushers. The style of gameplay is typical of platform games of the 1980s. The ZX Spectrum version is a flip-screen game while the Commodore 64 version uses scrolling.
Wanted: Monty Mole spawned five sequels: Monty is Innocent (1985), Monty on the Run (1986), Auf Wiedersehen Monty (1987), Impossamole (1990), and Moley Christmas (1987) - the last only being available as a cover tape from Your Sinclair.
- The tune that plays when Monty loses a life is the hymn, Abide with Me.
- The music is a downtempo cover of the Colonel Bogey March.
- "Top 50 Games of All Time". Your Sinclair (Imagine Publishing). November 2004.
- "Moley Christmas". World of Spectrum. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- Wanted: Monty Mole at GameFAQs
- Wanted: Monty Mole at World of Spectrum
- Wanted: Monty Mole at LunySoft
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|