Wanted (Alan Jackson song)
|Single by Alan Jackson|
|from the album Here in the Real World|
|B-side||"Dog River Blues"|
|Released||May 28, 1990|
7" 45 RPM
Promo-only CD single
|Recorded||June 26, 1989|
|Alan Jackson singles chronology|
"Wanted" is a song written by American country music artist Alan Jackson and Charlie Craig, and recorded by Jackson. It was released in May 1990 as the third single from Jackson's first album, Here in the Real World, the song peaked at number 3 on both the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts and the Canadian RPM Country Tracks Chart.
Background and writing
The song is a mid-tempo ballad in which the male narrator decides to place a classified ad to describe what he wants from a lover: "Wanted, one good hearted woman / To forgive imperfection / In the man that she loves".
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a B- grade," saying that the song contains "heartfelt vocal and sincere delivery." He goes on to say that "if a lesser singer was at the mic, the sheer implausibility of the lyric would be nakedly evident, but Jackson will have you looking in the classified section, expecting the chorus to be there."
The music video was directed by Bing Sokolsky and premiered in mid-1990.
Peak chart positions
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||33|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||30|
- The Greatest Hits Collection (CD). Alan Jackson. Arista Records. 1995. 07822 18801.
- CountryUniverse.net Review by Kevin John Coyne
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1332." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 8, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Alan Jackson Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alan Jackson.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.