Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team
|Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team|
|Developer(s)||THQ Digital Studios UK |
|Release date(s)||July / August 2011 |
|Distribution||DVD (PC only), Download|
Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team is a top down view, perspective correct, 3d arcade shooter, with twin stick control set in the Warhammer 40,000 future fantasy universe. Players play as Space Marines attempting to halt an Ork invasion spaceship, facing orks and, later, Tyranids. Four Space Marine classes are playable: ranged specialists Sternguard Veteran and Techmarine, and melee focused classes Vanguard Veteran and Librarian. The game supports single player and same screen multiplayer modes.
The game received average and favourable reviews on both platforms, being described as generally enjoyable or fun, but let down by a short campaign, lack of online multiplayer, and a limited appeal to non-Warhammer:40,000 fans.
- Wesley Yin-Poole (2 June 2011), "Warhammer 40k Kill Team announced", www.eurogamer.net (Eurogamer)
- "US, Japan, Australia and UK releases of the Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team video game - Giant Bomb", www.giantbomb.com (Giant Bomb)
- "Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team for PlayStation 3 - GameRankings", www.gamerankings.com (Game Rankings), retrieved 2 October 2011
- "Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team for Xbox 360 - GameRankings", www.gamerankings.com (Game Rankings), retrieved 2 October 2011
- Mike Richardson (29 July 2010), "Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team Date Announced", blog.eu.playstation.com (PlayStation.Blog)