Warhawk (1986 video game)
|Genre(s)||Vertical shoot 'em up|
Warhawk is a vertically scrolling shoot 'em up video game released in 1986 by Firebird software. It was released on several formats including the Commodore 64, Atari 8-bit family, Amstrad CPC and Atari ST.
The 8-bit versions of the game were budget-priced (£1.99) releases on Firebird's "Silver 199" sub-label.
The player must dodge and destroy obstacles along a vertically scrolling screen. The end of each level has a large amount of ships flying at the player from many angles.
Nintendo DS 'Remake'
A 're-envisioning' of the game exists as homebrew software for the Nintendo DS. While not a complete remake of the original game, it retains the same graphical feel and gameplay mechanics as the original. This project also involved some of the same developers as the 1986 release, as explained on Headsoft's site as well as in the game itself.
- Warhawk, gamespot.com. Article retrieved 2007-03-16
- Warhawk, atarimania.com. Article retrieved 2007-03-16
- Warhawk, cpczone.net. Article retrieved 2007-03-16
- Warhawk on www.c64-wiki.com
- Video: Warhawk Gameplay Trailer - Gameworld Network news story
- Commodore 64 - Warhawk Page
- The Official Warhawk DS Page
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|