Warkworth Radio Telescope
12m diameter antenna designed and constructed by COBHAM Satcom, Patriot Products division.
Antenna type : Fully steerable dual shaped Cassegrain Main dish Diam : 12.1 m Secondary Refl Diam : 1.8m Focal Length : 4.538 m Surface precision : 0.35 mm (RMS) Pointing accuracy : 18" Wavelength : L-Band, S-Band and X-Band Mount : alt-azimuth Slewing rates : (5 deg/s in azimuth and 1.25 deg/s in elevation) Acceleration : (1.3 deg/s/s)
Dual polarization S and X-band feeds from COBHAM with room temperature receivers, the receiver systems cover 2.2 to 2.4 GHz at S-band and 8.1 to 9.1 GHz at X-band.
It will also from 2011 be part of the International VLBI Service for Geodesy and Astrometry. As such, it is also co-located with a LINZ/GeoNet 'PositioNZ' GNSS  station to help future inclusion in the definition of the International Terrestrial Reference Frame (ITRF).
- Gulyaev, S., Natusch, T., "Introducing the AUT 12m Radio Telescope". Southern Stars, 47 (1), 2008.
- Gulyaev, S., Natusch, T., "New Zealand 12-m VLBI Station for Geodesy and Astronomy". IVS 2008 Annual Report, 2008.
- D., Dickey, 9th October 2008, Rodney Times,p.11, A first for NZ, New Zealand's first professional radio telescope was officially opened yesterday at Satellite Station Rd in Warkworth.
- D., Dickey, 16th October 2008,p.5, Rodney Times,Science fiction becomes reality.,The Telecom satelite station south of Warkworth held the official opening of the new radio telescope on October 8.
- Tzioumis et al, Evolution of the pc-scale structure of PKS 1934-638 revisited: first science with the ASKAP and New Zealand telescopes, The Astronomical Journal 140 (2010) 1506-1510
- Leonid Petrov; Chris Phillips; Tasso Tzioumis; Bruce Stansby; Cormac Reynolds; Hayley Bignall; Sergei Gulyaev; Tim Natusch et al. (2010). "First geodetic observations using new VLBI stations ASKAP-29 and WARK12M". arXiv:1012.4243 [astro-ph.IM].
- "VLBI and the Australian Long Baseline Array".
- "International VLBI Service for Geodesy and Astrometry (IVS)".