Warminster Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Warminster Township seal
|Elevation||312 ft (95.1 m)|
|Area||10.2 sq mi (26.4 km2)|
|- land||10.2 sq mi (26 km2)|
|- water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||3,061.0 / sq mi (1,181.9 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code||215, 267|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 10.2 square miles (26.5 km²), all of it land. It is drained by the Delaware River tributaries of the Neshaminy Creek and the Pennypack Creek. Its villages include Breadysville (also in Warwick Township,) Casey Highlands, Hartsville (also in Warwick Township,) Johnsville, Rosewood Park, Warminster, and Warminster Heights.
- Warrington Township (northwest)
- Warwick Township (north)
- Ivyland (northeast)
- Northampton Township (northeast)
- Upper Southampton Township (southeast)
- Upper Moreland Township, Montgomery County (south)
- Hatboro, Montgomery County (southwest)
- Horsham Township, Montgomery County (southwest)
As of the 2010 census, the township was 86.0% Non-Hispanic White, 3.1% Black or African American, 0.2% Native American, 1.9% Asian, 0.1% Native Hawaiian, and 1.8% were two or more races. 7.7% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry .
As of the census of 2000, there were 31,383 people, 11,350 households, and 8,626 families residing in the township. The population density was 3,061.0 people per square mile (1,182.2/km²). There were 11,644 housing units at an average density of 1,135.7/sq mi (438.6/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 91.00% White, 3.31% African American, 0.11% Native American, 1.99% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 2.21% from other races, and 1.32% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.63% of the population.
There were 11,350 households out of which 32.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.1% were married couples living together, 10.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.0% were non-families. 20.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.74 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the township the population was spread out with 24.5% under the age of 18, 7.6% from 18 to 24, 29.0% from 25 to 44, 23.6% from 45 to 64, and 15.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 95.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $54,375, and the median income for a family was $60,907. Males had a median income of $41,033 versus $30,302 for females. The per capita income for the township was $22,285. About 4.1% of families and 5.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.5% of those under age 18 and 4.6% of those age 65 or over.
Warminster Township emergency services are provided by the following:
- Warminster Fire Department (Stations 90, 91, and 92) , one of the busiest of Bucks County with approximately 700 calls each year.
- Warminster Police Department (74PD),
- Warminster Volunteer Ambulance Corps (Squad 122), the Emergency Medical Services provider for Warminster, responded to 2938 calls in 2005.
- Hartsville Fire Company (Station 93) . - which also covers part of Warwick Township
- Kermit Cintron, boxer
- John Fitch, inventor
- Paul Hipp, actor and musician
- Robert Ramsey, congressman
- William Tennent, clergyman and educator
- Mike Vogel, actor
- David Wharton, 1988 Olympic swimmer
- Roger Wiseman, Top Cop Worcester, MA
Warminster Township is served by the Centennial School District.
- CRC Industries, founded in 1958
- Hurst Performance, based in Warminster from the 1950s to 1970's
- NAWC, Aircraft Division, Warminster
- Burpee Seeds
- V. La Rosa and Sons Macaroni Company
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Warminster Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.|
- Warminster Township
- WarminsterAlive.com - Community Website for Warminster Township and Surrounding Areas
- BucksCountyAlive.com - Community Website for Bucks County, PA