Warner Robins High School
|Warner Robins High School|
|401 South Davis Drive
Warner Robins, GA 31088
|Motto||Tradition Never Graduates|
|School district||Houston County Schools|
|Color(s)||Cardinal Red, White, Accent: Black|
|Athletics||Athletic Director Bryan Way. A premiere high school in the state of Georgia for athletics. Winning multiple State Championship titles as well as National Titles. Football, softball, cross country running, track running, basketball, baseball, wrestling, golf, tennis, soccer, cheerleading, swimming, volleyball|
The campus of WRHS is divided into 4 main buildings, including the Main Building, Two Story, Multi-Purpose, and the Vocational building. Beside the school is "Demon Valley," a football field where the WRHS Demons football team practices. The main campus is connected by a walk bridge that crosses over South Davis Drive to the school's private parking lot, the band Practice field, and the McConnell-Talbert Stadium, which holds 18,000 fans.
Warner Robins High is home to many award winning sports including Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer (Boys), Soccer (Girls), Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, and Wrestling.
Fans of Demon Football are more than willing to pile up on a Friday Night under the lights to see the Demons play. Hosting one of the top rivalries in the country, the Demons were voted #3 in 2006 and #1 at the state and region levels by USA Today in 2013. Warner Robins vs Northside premieres with a total estimating to nearly 21,000 fans every year, with fans having to find seating on grassy hills alongside the stadium and bleachers.
- Eddie Anderson, football safety who played for the Seattle Seahawks and the Oakland Raiders
- Willie Blade, former NFL defensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys
- James Brooks, former NFL running back for the San Diego Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He played in four Pro Bowls
- Danny Cox, Major League Baseball player from 1983 to 1995
- Bobbie Eakes, actress and singer
- Mark Johnson, Former professional baseball player (Chicago White Sox, Oakland Athletics, Milwaukee Brewers, St. Louis Cardinals) and current manager of the Kane County Cougars
- Joseph Jones, professional wrestler - the original Thunderfoot and The Outlaw Joe Deaton. He has wrestled in All Japan Pro Wrestling, Southern Championship Wrestling and Florida Championship Wrestling
- Amanda Kozak, Miss Georgia 2006, 2nd runner-up in the Miss America pageant, Miss Georgia USA 2008
- Sonny Perdue, former Governor of Georgia
- Victoria Principal, actress
- Willie Reid, former wide receiver and KR/PR for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Received the award for the ACC championship MVP in 2005, as well as being honored as the MVP of the Orange Bowl in 2006 vs Penn State
- Mike I. Richardson, American football cornerback for the Indianapolis Colts and played college football for Notre Dame
- Ron Simmons, nose guard for Florida State University football team, and former professional wrestler now employed by World Wrestling Entertainment; first African-American to win a professional wrestling world heavyweight championship
- Ben Smith, #22 overall in the 1990 NFL Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles. Played DB for the Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos, and the Arizona Cardinals
- Christopher N. Smith, attorney and honorary Consul of Denmark
2010 Mascot Row
In the summer of 2010, Pastor Donald Crosby of Kingdom Builders Church of Jesus Christ started a petition to remove the demon mascot because he did not want his son (an incoming freshman) to be considered a "demon". A counter "Pro-demon" petition was launched and had over 700 signatures in the first twenty-four hours. The pastor and an estimated 30 protesters picketed the front of the high school on the first day of school (August 9, 2010). The pastor was arrested for not obtaining a picketing license and was released on bond.
The mascot, which is not religious in nature, was originally adopted during World War II in honor of the 7th fighter squadron at Robins Air Force Base which earned its title "The Screamin' Demons" in the South Pacific.
- Warner Robins High School - Houston County. State of Georgia Governor's Office of Student Achievement.
- "Eddie Lee Anderson, Jr.". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "Willie Blade". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "James Robert Brooks". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "WARNER ROBINS". Georgia Association of Educators. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "Sonny Perdue (b. 1946)". The New Georgia Encyclopedia. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "Willie Reid #26". Stats LLC. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "Ben Smith". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- 13WMAZ - Warner Robins Pastor Fired Up Over Demon Mascot.
- 13WMAZ - Pro-Demon Petition Drive Launched in Warner Robins
- 13WMAZ - Warner Robins Pastor Arrested After Anti-'Demon' Protest.