Warped Tour 2010
|Warped Tour 2010|
|Festival tour by Warped Tour|
|Location||United States, Canada|
|Start date||June 25, 2010|
|End date||August 15, 2010|
|Warped Tour concert chronology|
Warped Tour 2010 is the 16th installment of the annual Summer Warped Tour festival. Vans Shoes was again the tour's primary sponsor. The first bands were announced on December 18. The 43-date tour kicks off on June 25, 2010 in Carson, California and ends August 15, 2010 in Hillsboro, Oregon.
On February 12, 2010 details for the annual "Warped Tour Kick Off Party" were announced. The show took place on April 9, 2010 at The Key Club in West Hollywood, California and featured Warped Tour 2010 bands Andrew WK, Pierce the Veil, The Pretty Reckless, The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band, Death Punch, and the "Grind Time Now Emcee Battle" hosted by the Rollin Rockers on the bill.
- 1 Bands
- 1.1 Teggart/Main Stage
- 1.2 Altec Lansing Stage
- 1.3 Alternative Press/Advent Clothing Stage
- 1.4 Glamour Kills Clothing Stage
- 1.5 Skullcandy Stage
- 1.6 Ernie Ball Stage
- 1.7 Kevin Says Stage
- 1.8 Bring It Back/Grind Time Stage
- 1.9 Legends Stage
- 1.10 Las Cruces Local Stage
- 1.11 Jersey Stage
- 1.12 Detroit Local Stage
- 2 Dates
- 3 Incidents
- 4 References
- 5 External links
All bands confirmed for the entire tour unless otherwise noted.
Dates and stage placements subject to change.
Altec Lansing Stage
Alternative Press/Advent Clothing Stage
Glamour Kills Clothing Stage
The following bands will be appearing on the Glamour Kills Stage on various dates throughout the summer.
Ernie Ball Stage
Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands 14 Winning Bands
Kevin Says Stage
East Coast Indie Bands
The following bands performed on the Kevin Says stage as chosen by East Coast Independent.
- American Sixgun (Played 7/20-7/25 and 7/28-7/31)
- Dive (Played 7/14)
- Fit For Rivals (Played 7/23-7/26)
- Goodbye Soundscape (Played 7/13)
- The Heisman Hopefuls (Played 7/15)
- Hiccup Hellen (Played 7/16)
- His Name Was Iron (Played 7/18-7/28)
- Kelsey and the Chaos (Played 7/6-7/8 and 7/11-7/31)
- Motionless in White (Played 7/6-7/8 and 7/15)
- Set Phasers to Stun (Played 7/6-7/8 and 7/11-7/15)
- Small Town Scoundrels (Played 7/17)
- Shorelines End (Played 7/6-7/8, 7/11-7/22 and 7/28-7/31)
- Testing for Echo (Played 7/17)
- Voted Most Random (Played 7/11)
Earn It Yourself Winners
The following bands performed on the Kevin Says stage as chosen by Earn It Yourself.
Bring It Back/Grind Time Stage
The Grind Time Stage sponsored by Bring It Back was an all hip-hop stage that was supposed to appear on all dates of the tour featuring regional and local acts each day. The organizers of the tour and the stage decided to cancel the remaining dates to pursue other ventures after only a few days.
- Dante LaSalle
- Madd Illz
- Rahman Jamaal
- Rollin Rockers
- Seefor Yourself
- T. Mills (Played 6/27)
The Legends Stage appeared on all California dates of the tour. For the first time, it ventured to the Washington and Oregon concerts.
Las Cruces Local Stage
The following bands performed on July 18 at the Oceanport, New Jersey stop of the Warped Tour. Bands for this stage were chosen through Starland Ballroom's yearly "War For The Warped Tour" Battle of the Bands competitions.
- A Clear Blurr
- A Clever Con
- A Need For Reason
- Cabin Theory
- The Call Out
- The I Drive
- Negative Sky
- The New Royalty
- Solfege Radio
- The Waffle Stompers
Detroit Local Stage
- All's Quiet
- Aria Aesthetic
- Downtown Brown
- Imagine Nation
- Rival Summers
- Ro Spit
- Squeeze Tina
- The Swellers
- Tiger! Tiger!
- What Happened in Vegas
- Your Best Friend
Warped Tour 2010 has 40 tour stops in the United States and three dates in Canada.
Christofer Drew of NeverShoutNever hurt his foot badly during the Mansfield, Massachusetts stop of the tour on July 13, 2010. Drew was jumping off of a speaker and landed wrong on his foot. Drew says, "You know, I was jumping around the other day, and I--and we were in Boston or something like that, and I jumped off this high speaker, landed on my foot wrong, and it shattered under the pressure of the fall." Drew continued the tour with the injury.
26-year-old Curtis DeForest of Wichita, Kansas died during the Bonner Springs stop of the tour on August 2, 2010. The cause of death is currently unknown but still under investigation by authorities.
Following the Denver stop of the tour on August 8, 2010, Pennywise members Fletcher Dragge and Randy Bradbury were involved in an incident with Alesana on the band's RV. Dragge and Bradbury were both intoxicated and mistakenly entered an empty RV believing it belonged to The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band. Alesana returned to find the men and asked them to leave. A scuffle broke out leading to police using a taser on Dragge and arresting him for assault. Alesana dropped all charges. Fletcher followed suit by issuing an apology while taking full blame for the incident and both sides hold no bad feelings towards each other.
- 2010 Warped Tour Bands Announced
- Warped Tour 2010 Tour Dates
- Kick Off Party Hits Key Club On April 9th
- Warped Reporter Band List 2010
- Streetlight Manifesto Official Website Tour Page
- Announcing the AP/Advent Stage on Warped Tour!
- Glamour Kills Stage Flyer
- Vans Warped Tour 2010
- Vans Warped Tour 2010 Poster
- Ernie Ball Stage Lineup
- Warped Tour - Ventura: The Frantic, Fight Fair, The Mighty Regis, Call The Cops, AM Taxi [6/27/10]
- No Bragging Rights – Warped Tour Dates
- Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands on Twitter
- Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands Winners for Each Date
- East Coast Independent Bands Playing Warped
- ECI Shows Announcement of Hartford Battle of the Bands Winner
- ECI Shows Announcement of Long Island Battle of the Bands Winner
- Quinnipiac Band Earns Spot at Warped Tour
- The EIY Spot on the Kevin Says Stage's profile on EIY
- The Bring It Back/ Grind Time Stage
- Grind Time Now leaves the Vans Warped Tour
- Warped Tour California Poster
- Las Cruces Show - Bands Playing Your Local Stage
- Warped, at 16: Simple formula keeps concert fresh for fan base
- Jersey Stage at the Warped Tour
- Detroit Local Stage Lineup
- Man, 26, Dies During Warped Tour
- Sciarretto, Amy (August 12, 2010). "Pennywise Attack Alesana at Warped Tour". Noisecreep. AOL Music. Retrieved August 12, 2010.
- Karan, Tim (August 11, 2010). "Exclusive: Shawn Milke of Alesana responds to the Pennywise account of the bands' altercation". Alternative Press. Retrieved August 12, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Warped Tour 2010.|