|Developer(s)||Idol Minds, SCE San Diego Studio|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Genre(s)||Role-playing video game|
Warrior's Lair was an action role-playing video game set in a medieval fantasy setting being developed for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. The game was presented June 2011 at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) where it demonstrated Sony Computer Entertainment's new handheld games console, and the ability to transfer active games between the two consoles.
The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions were expected to be sold together as a combined package.
Warrior's Lair was an action role-playing game player from a perspective corrected view of an isometric viewpoint, the game-engine includes simulation of destructable environments and ragdoll physics.
Warrior's Lair 's working title was Ruin.
A social aspect has been introduced to the game through standard methods including competitive and cooperative play, trading and chat, as well as the integrated ability to post progress on Facebook and Twitter, and by another mechanism whereby players can create and modify their own dungeons (called 'Lairs') where high value items are stored which enhance the player's in game skills, the 'Lairs' as also available to other players as questable locations.
- Jackson, Mike (2011-06-07). "E3 2011: PS Vita gets action RPG 'Ruin'". Computer and Video Games. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Welsh, Oli (2011-06-07). "Ruin announced for Vita and PS3". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- McElroy, Griffin (2011-06-06). "Ruin to bring social-action-RPG hybrid to PS Vita and PS3". Joystiq. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Oliveira, Don (2011-06-07). "E3 2011: Ruin announced, coming to PS Vita". PSU.com. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Onyett, Charles (2011-06-06). "E3 2011: Ruin Coming to Sony's Vita, PS3". IGN. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Turi, Tim (2011-06-06). "Dungeon Crawler Ruin Shows Off PS Vita's PS3 Interactivity". Game Informer. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Watts, Steve (2011-06-06). "Ruin, PS3/Vita action RPG announced". Shack News. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Hollister, Sean (8 June 2011), "PlayStation Vita title 'Ruin' connects to PS3 for continuous client gameplay, we give it a swing (video)", Engadget
- Romano, Sal (24 August 2011), "Ruin PS3/Vita to be "packaged together"", gematsu.com (Gematsu)
- Cymet, Eli (13 June 2011), "BTE3: Interview with Idol Minds, Developers of PS3 (And PSV!?) Title Ruin", www.blisteredthumbs.net (Blistered Thumbs)
- "E3 2011: Ruin Coming to Sony's Vita, PS3", uk.psp.ign.com (IGN), 7 June 2011
- Williams, Travis (SCEA) (7 June 2011), "RUIN Brings Social Action-RPGs to PS Vita, PS3", blog.us.playstation (PlayStation.Blog)
- Shuman, Sid (22 September 2011), "Ruin for PS Vita: Lairs, Relics, and the Social Web", blog.eu.playstation.com (PlayStation.Blog)
- "Ruin PS Vita Demo from Sony Press Conference E3 2011", www.g4tv.com (G4 Media), 7 June 2011, Sony Press Conference Demo E3 2011