Wasaga Beach Transit
|Headquarters||30 Lewis Street|
|Service type||bus service|
|Operator||Georgian Coach Lines|
Wasaga Beach Transit is a public transportation system for the resort town of Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada. It is operated by Georgian Coach Lines, using municipally-owned buses. Service expanded from one route which was started in July, 2008 to two in the summer of 2009, because the bus system grew faster than anyone expected.
Services for Wasaga Beach Transit occur in a loop from the Wasaga Stars Arena to the Real Canadian Superstore every hour from 7 AM to 7 PM. Buses serve the loop eastbound and westbound.
When the service was introduced, the town of Wasaga Beach created a contest to help design the logo for the transit service. A logo depicting a sun and a wave with the slogan 'Ride the Wave' was introduced as the contest winner.
- Route 1 - Archer to Shopping Centre
- Route 2 - Wasaga Stars Arena to Shopping Centre
- Transit Link - Wasaga Beach to Collingwood (no free transfer to the local transit systems)
- Central East Ontario Community Information Database: Wasaga Beach Transit
- Phil Birchard (2009-05-10). "Wasaga Beach Transit Expands". bayshore broadcasting. Retrieved 2009-05-13.