Washington State Supreme Court elections, 2006
|This article is outdated. (November 2010)|
|Elections in Washington|
In 2006, the following candidates were on the ballot. Campaign office information comes from public candidate filings obtained from the Washington State Public Disclosure Commission or from the candidate's website, as noted. Names of candidates are given in the order in which they appeared on the ballot. 
Supreme Court Position 2
|Candidate||Party||Primary Vote||Primary Vote %||General Vote||General Vote %|
|Norman J. Ericson||Nonpartisan||53,867||5.38%|
Supreme Court Position 8
- Gerry L. Alexander - Incumbent
- Website: http://www.justicealexander.com/
- Contact: (360) 943-5056; 525 Columbia St. NW, Suite 202, Olympia, WA 98501-1098 (PDC)
- John Groen
- Website: http://www.groenforjustice.com/
- Contact: (360) 807-1983; 11100 NE 8th St, Suite 750, Bellevue, WA 98004 (PDC)
Having received a majority of the vote in the primary, Gerry Alexander wins the election under state law.
Supreme Court Position 9
- Tom Chambers - Incumbent (ELECTION WINNER)
- Website: http://www.tomchambers.com
- Contact: (206) 937-6203; P.O. Box 21508, Seattle, WA 98111-3508 (PDC)
- Jeanette Burrage
- Website: http://www.burrageforsupremecourt.com
- Contact: 360.779.7040
Having received a majority of the vote in the primary, Tom Chambers wins the election under state law.
Judicial elections in Washington State are non-partisan by law. However, organizations seek to influence them.
- VotingForJudges.org: a nonpartisan source of judicial evaluation information for appellate court candidates
- Constitutional Law PAC has formed to influence judicial races in Washington State; it gets financial support from the Building Industry Association of Washington.
- Citizens to Uphold the Constitution PAC is being formed as a result with support from Naral Pro-Choice Washington, Washington Conservation Voters, Washington State Labor Council, Service Employees International Union, the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association and Equal Rights Washington.