Washington Township, Clark County, Indiana
Location of Washington Township in Clark County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.29 sq mi (91.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.19 sq mi (91.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|• Density||48.4/sq mi (18.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453987|
Washington Township was organized in 1816.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.29 square miles (91.4 km2), of which 35.19 square miles (91.1 km2) (or 99.72%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.26%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Saluda Township, Jefferson County (northeast)
- Bethlehem Township (east)
- Owen Township (south)
- Oregon Township (west)
- Lexington Township, Scott County (northwest)
The township contains several cemeteries: Adams (aka Fifer),Barnes, Barnes Community House, Britan Cemetery (aka Pisgah), Crown Hill, Fouts/Robison, Frazier Family, Glass Family, Grayfriar-McMillen, Lawrence, Izzard, New Washington Christian Church, Staples, Work (aka Bower-Work Henly-Work) 
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 13.
- Mauk, Lois. "Clark County, Indiana Cemeteries". http://www.usgennet.org/. USGenNet. Retrieved 7 September 2014.