Washington Township, Franklin County, Ohio
|Washington Township, Franklin County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||7.4 sq mi (19.2 km2)|
|• Land||7.4 sq mi (19.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||906 ft (276 m)|
|• Density||190.5/sq mi (73.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086117|
Washington Township is one of the seventeen townships of Franklin County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,412 people in the township, 1,035 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and cities:
- Dublin - northeast
- Hilliard - southeast
- Brown Township - southwest, east of Canaan Township
- Canaan Township, Madison County - southwest, west of Brown Township
- Darby Township, Madison County - west
- Jerome Township, Union County - northwest
Several small exclaves of the township are located within the city of Dublin.
Much of eastern Washington Township is occupied by the city of Dublin, and the city of Hilliard includes a small part of southern Washington Township. As well, the unincorporated community of Amlin lies in the southwestern part of the township.
Name and history 
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Franklin County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.