Washington Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Washington Township, Logan County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|Honda Transmission Manufacturing is an important employer in Washington Township|
|• Total||24.2 sq mi (62.6 km2)|
|• Land||22.8 sq mi (59.0 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|Elevation||991 ft (302 m)|
|• Density||173.1/sq mi (66.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086496|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richland Township - northeast
- McArthur Township - east
- Harrison Township - southeast
- Pleasant Township - south
- Bloomfield Township - west
- Stokes Township - northwest
The southern part of Indian Lake is located in northern Washington Township.
Name and history 
On the shores of Dunns Pond (in northern Washington Township) is a Native American mound, the Dunns Pond Mound, which was built at some point between 300 BC and AD 600. The mound is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the elections of November 2007, Rick Beck defeated Jeff Weidner in the election for the position of township trustee., while Lisa Miller was elected without opposition to the position of township fiscal officer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Detailed map of Indian Lake, Logan County Engineer's Office. Accessed 2009-07-16.
- Drennen, Bert C., III. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Dunns Pond Mound. National Park Service, 1974-01-22.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.