Washington Township, Lucas County, Ohio
|Washington Township, Lucas County, Ohio|
Map of Washington Township
|• Total||6.6 sq mi (17.2 km2)|
|• Land||0.9 sq mi (2.4 km2)|
|• Water||5.7 sq mi (14.8 km2)|
|Elevation||584 ft (178 m)|
|• Density||3,537/sq mi (1,365.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086538|
Most of what was once Washington Township is now incorporated municipality, leaving only two small pieces. Those pieces have the following borders:
- Western piece: completely surrounded by Toledo
- Eastern piece: surrounded by Toledo, except for a border on Erie Township, Monroe County, Michigan in the north
A small part of Maumee Bay is also included in Washington Township.
No municipalities are located in Washington Township.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Washington township, Lucas County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.