Washington Township, Miami County, Ohio
|Washington Township, Miami County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Miami County
|• Total||23.5 sq mi (60.9 km2)|
|• Land||23.3 sq mi (60.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||965 ft (294 m)|
|• Density||77.3/sq mi (29.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086645|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Washington Township, Shelby County - north
- Orange Township, Shelby County - northeast
- Spring Creek Township - east
- Staunton Township - southeast
- Concord Township - south
- Newton Township - southwest
- Newberry Township - west
- Loramie Township, Shelby County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officer or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Regular scheduled Washington Township meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 7:30pm at the Washington Township Building, 520 S. College St., Piqua, Ohio.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Miami County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.