Washington Township, Monroe County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.24 sq mi (88.7 km2)|
|• Land||34.23 sq mi (88.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|• Density||59.3/sq mi (22.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46151, 47404, 47408, 47433|
|GNIS feature ID||0454007|
Washington Township is one of eleven townships in Monroe County, Indiana, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,029 and it contained 882 housing units. The township contains a portion of the Morgan-Monroe State Forest.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.24 square miles (88.7 km2), of which 34.23 square miles (88.7 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Collier and Sample.
- Bryant Creek Lake
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 61
- State Senate District 37
- "Washington Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Washington Township
||Baker Township, Morgan County||Washington Township, Morgan County|
|Bean Blossom Township|
|Bloomington Township||Benton Township|