Washington Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Washington Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Location of Washington Township in Wood County
|• Total||21.5 sq mi (55.6 km2)|
|• Land||20.9 sq mi (54.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Density||86/sq mi (33/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087199|
Washington Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 1,841 people in the township, 1,474 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern part of the county along the Maumee River, it borders the following townships:
- Waterville Township, Lucas County - north
- Middleton Township - northeast
- Plain Township - southeast
- Weston Township - southwest
- Grand Rapids Township - west
- Providence Township, Lucas County - northwest
The village of Tontogany is located in Washington Township.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Washington township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved February 16, 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed April 30, 2009.