Washington Township Public School District
|Washington Township Public School District|
|Superintendent:||Robert H. Goldschmidt|
|Business Administrator:||Margaret Meehan|
|Address:||206 East Holly Avenue
Sewell, NJ 08080
|Enrollment:||8,706 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||671.70|
|District Factor Group:||FG|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,428||37||1,674||-14.7%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||56,000||39||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-12 districts with 3,501+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=105
The Washington Township Public School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through twelfth grade from Washington Township, in Gloucester County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "FG", the fourth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Awards and recognition
For the 2005-06 school year, the Washington Township Public School District was recognized with the "Best Practices Award" by the New Jersey Department of Education for its “Creating Proficient Readers and Writers” Professional Development program at Birches Elementary School.
For the 2004-05 school year, both Birches Elementary School and Whitman Elementary School  were named as "Star Schools" by the New Jersey Department of Education, the highest honor that a New Jersey school can achieve.
- Grenloch Terrace Early Childhood Center with 573 students in Kindergarten
- Elementary Schools (Grades 1-5)
- Bells Elementary School with 583 students
- Birches Elementary School with 363 students
- Hurffville Elementary School with 382 students
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary School with 320 students
- Wedgewood Elementary School with 347 students
- Whitman Elementary School with 390 students
- Middle Schools (Grades 6-8)
- Bunker Hill Middle School with 776 students
- Chestnut Ridge Middle School with 679 students
- Orchard Valley Middle School with an unknown amount of students
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- Washington Township High School, with 2,688 students in grades 9 - 12.
- Robert H. Goldschmidt, Superintendent
- Margaret Meehan, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- Kurt Snyder, President of the Board of Educaion
- District information for the Washington Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed January 4, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- New Jersey Department of Education Best Practices Award recipient for 2005-06, accessed October 23, 2006
- New Jersey Department of Education Star School Award recipient: Birches Elementary School, accessed May 23, 2006
- New Jersey Department of Education Star School Award recipient: Whitman Elementary School, accessed May 23, 2006
- Data for the Washington Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed January 4, 2014.
- Central Administration, Washington Township Public School District. Accessed December 22, 2009.
- Gloucester County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Washington Township Public Schools
- Washington Township Public Schools's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Washington Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics