Washingtonville High School
|Washingtonville High School|
|54 West Main St
Washingtonville, NY 10992
|School type||Public, High school|
|School district||Washingtonville Central School District|
|NCES School ID||363003004040|
|Principal||Brian T. Connolly|
|Assistant principals||Joseph J. Salamone, Kristin M. Shaw, and Kevin W. Sullivan|
|Teaching staff||114 |
|Enrollment||1,512  (2011–12)|
|Grade 9||357 |
|Grade 10||348 |
|Grade 11||397 |
|Grade 12||402 |
|Average class size||23 |
|Student to teacher ratio||13.26|
|Color(s)||Gold and Blue|
|Athletics conference||NYSPHSAA Section IX|
|Team name||Washingtonville Wizards|
|Budget||$84,370,348 (2013–2014) |
Town of Blooming Grove
Town of New Windsor (part)
|Website||Washingtonville High School|
The adjacent middle school was once the high school.
WHS has received accreditation by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. Washingtonville High School has set forth four particular goals: 1) Students will demonstrate increased academic performance (i.e. achieving mastery rate (85%) on NYS Regents Examinations); 2) Students will demonstrate preparation for and motivation to study at more rigorous levels of learning (i.e. Advanced Placement/College Courses); and 3) Students will be engaged within a positive social and emotional environment. 4) Students will expected to learn from past mistakes such as the Holocaust and Revolutionary War. In athletics, some of the school's rivals are Monroe-Woodbury in football and Warwick Valley in cross country and track and field. Perhaps Washingtonville's biggest rivalry is with the John Jay Patriots in club ice hockey. Games between the two can attract up to 150 people from each school at Ice Time in Newburgh or the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie.
The school recently completed an addition to the school.
- Tony Gilroy, Class of 1974, Writer, producer, director. (The Bourne Ultimatum,The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Identity, Proof of Life, The Devil's Advocate, Michael Clayton.
- Tony DeVito, Class of 1990, professional wrestler. Wrestled for WWE (when known as WWF), ECW and numerous smaller federations. Was in the tag team "The Baldies".
- Keith Connolly, Class of 1995, former San Francisco Giants minor leaguer & Rutgers University baseball pitcher. Current Major League scout for the Kansas City Royals.
- Rich Lee, Class of 1996, Director. Lee directed music videos for Eminem, The Black Eyed Peas, Norah Jones, Michael Bublé and The All-American Rejects.
- Dwone Hicks, Former Running Back, Tennessee Titans. Hicks played a short time in 1996 at Washingtonville High School, where he holds the school's single game rushing record (27 carries for 391 yards).
- Ralph Mosca, a.k.a. "Roughhouse", wrestled for the WWE (WWF), and is still actively involved with and now promotes the WWE developmental league in Tampa, Florida.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Washingtonville Senior High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved Aug 26, 2013.
- "New York State Report Card 2011–2012". Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "2013-2014 WCSD Proposed Budget "Fast Facts"". Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Washingtonville Grads at Oscars
- "Coca-Cola Company: Our Company". Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Scott Pioli Bio
- Ralph Mosca Interview
- Witt, Kevin. "Connolly Decides to Retire". Times Herald-Record. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Brittany Taylor Bio
- Dwone Hicks Article
- Dwone Hicks Rushing Yards