Wasif Ali Wasif
Wasif Ali Wasif (Urdu: واصف علی واصف; 15 January 1929 – 18 January 1993) was a teacher, writer, poet and sufi intellectual from Pakistan. He is famous for his unique literary style. Probably no contemporary Urdu writer is more cited in quotations than he is. Master of aphorism, he has almost a miraculous ability to capture a rainbow of meaning in a few dewdrops of well chosen words. Many of his APHORISMS have become proverbs in recent years. His book "Kiran Kiran Suraj" containing these aphorisms remained best seller for many many years. He used to write short essays on topics like love, life, fortune, fear, hope, expectation, promise, prayer, happiness, sorrow and so on with clear objective of highlighting the true spirit of Islam. He was regular columnist of Pakistani Urdu daily newspaper Nawa-i-Waqt. His column was named "GUFTGOO" and it started publishing in newspaper in 1984.
His quotes include:
- Belief in God, without belief in the Prophet, would still be unbelief.
- When the eye becomes the heart, the heart becomes the eye.
- The world is ancient, but it has not lost its newness.
- A man is happy who is happy with his Naseeb.
- Do not destroy anybody's peace. You will find peace.
- Democracy is the name of the period between two martial laws.
- Remove the conflict between your desires and your duties, peace will come.
- When the child is ill, the mother will know how to pray.
- Investigation after declaration of submission leads astray.
- Death is the protector of life and life is the process of death.
- Life is not only Newton, it is also Milton.
- He who has no light in his heart, what will he gain from the festival of lamps.
- A more fearful thing than death is the fear of death.
- Students are the real inheritors of country.
- The period before the dawn of knowledge is called the age of darkness.
- Man neither loses nor gains in this world. He just comes here and departs.
- When Allah accepts repentance for sin, He wipes out the very memory of sin.
- One who has no beloved in the country can never love the country.
- He who is drowned in sin, is devoid of faith in prayer.
- Shab Chiragh (Urdu Poetry) 1978
- Kiran Kiran Sooraj (Aphorism) 1983
- The Beaming Soul (English Version of Kiran Kiran Sooraj) 198?
- Dil Darya Samundar (Essays) 1987
- Qatra Qatra Qulzum (Essays) 1989
- Ocean in Drop (English version Of Qatra Qatra Qulzam) 19??
- Harf Harf Haqeeqat (Essays) 1994
- Bharay Bharolay (Punjabi Poetry) 1994
- Shab Raaz (Urdu Poetry) 1994
- Baat Say Baat (Aphorism) 1995
- Gumnam Adeeb (Letters) 19??
- Mukalama (Dialogue,Speeches & Interview) 19??
- Ziker-e-Habeeb (Na'tia Poetry) 2004
- Dareechay (Aphorism) 2004
- Guftgoo (Questions & Answers Series - 28 volumes)
- Staff report (21 September 2003). "Wasif Ali Wasif’s Urs begins". Daily Times (Pakistan). Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Staff report (9 August 2007). "Wasif Ali Wasif remembered". Daily Times (Pakistan). Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Correspondent (10 July 2009). "Capturing the wisdom of modern mystic". The News International (Pakistan). Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- ajaz ul haq (2009). Ferma'ish. Islamabad, Pakistan: National Book Foundation.
- Dedicated sites with works, official Site Wasif Ali Wasif
Wasif Khayal Magazine on Wasif Ali Wasif
- Wasif Khayal Magazine, Quarterly magazine WASIF KHAYAL, Primarily, focuses on teachings of Hz. WASIF ALI WASIF (Reh)
- Seminar to commemorate Wasif Ali Wasif, from Daily Times
- Do we choose our own destiny or are we merely characters in a play?, from The Muslim council of Britain
|Sufism and Tariqa|