|IATA: WWA – ICAO: PAWS – FAA LID: IYS|
|Owner||City of Wasilla|
|Elevation AMSL||354 ft / 108 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Wasilla Airport (IATA: WWA, ICAO: PAWS, FAA LID: IYS) is a city-owned public-use airport located about 3.5 miles (6 km) west of the central business district of Wasilla, a city in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. Wasilla is 17 miles by air and 47 miles by road from Anchorage, the largest city in Alaska.
Facilities and aircraft
Wasilla Airport has an asphalt paved runway designated 3/21 which measures 3,700 by 75 feet (1,128 x 23 m). It also has a turf and gravel runway (3S/21S) which is 1,690 by 60 feet (515 x 18 m). There are 100 aircraft based at this airport, all single-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for IYS ( PDF), effective 2008-07-31.
- Accident history for WWA at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for PAWS at Great Circle Mapper.
- Airport page at City of Wasilla web site
- Aerial photo of Wasilla Airport
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for IYS, effective November 13, 2014
- Resources for this airport: