Watch The Duck
|Watch The Duck|
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Trap, trapstep, dubstep, post-dubstep|
Eddie Smith III
Watch The Duck (WTD) is a musical trio from Atlanta, Georgia. They are part of the trapstep movement which is a cross between trap and dubstep. Some would also consider it to be Soulstep. In 2012 the group dominated the freshman music poll on mtvU and their song "Poppin’ Off" was added to their regular rotation. The group is currently signed to the Epic Records music label and was chosen as an Editor's Pick by Papercut Magazine in 2012.
Watch The Duck was formed by friends Eddie Smith III, Jesse Rankins, and Jonathan Wells. All three were DJs, producers, and musicians originally from Montgomery, Alabama but moved to Atlanta, Georgia in 2010. The name of the group comes from a phrase that they use to describe their work. Smith has been quoted as saying, "Everybody sees the duck traveling smoothly on top of the water but nobody sees it kicking hard as hell under it, struggling to stay afloat."
- Current members
- Jesse Rankins – lead vocals (2010–present)
- Eddie Smith III – bass guitar (2010–present)
- Jonathan Wells – keyboards (2010–present)
|"100"||2014||Iggy Azalea||The New Classic|
|"By Any Means (God Damnt)"||T.I., Shad da God, Spodde||G.D.O.D. II|
|"G Shit"||T.I., Jeezy||Paperwork|
|"Light 'Em Up (RIP Doe B)"||T.I., Pharrell|
- Gibson, Yolanda (2 October 2012). "Underground Hype: Watch The Duck". The Examiner.
- "Video – Watch The Duck’s Poppin Off". The Buzz Blog. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Watch The Duck Dominate This Week’s Freshman". mtvU. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- Tech, Artis (28 September 2012). "Editor’s Picks: Watch The Duck Ft. Dragon House Crew". Papercut Magazine.
- Herr, Lindsay (20 November 2012). "Watch The Duck – Poppin Off". EarMilk. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Watch The Duck". Red Zone Entertainment. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Hustle Gang – G.D.O.D. II // Free Mixtape". DatPiff. Idle Media Inc. 2014-09-19. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|