Waterloo, South Carolina
|Waterloo, South Carolina|
Location of Waterloo, South Carolina
|• Total||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||610 ft (186 m)|
|• Density||144.2/sq mi (55.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1231896|
Waterloo was incorporated as a town in 1885.
Waterloo is located at (34.352968, -82.058068).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.7 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 203 people, 75 households, and 57 families residing in the town. The population density was 144.2 people per square mile (55.6/km²). There were 85 housing units at an average density of 60.4 per square mile (23.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 43.35% White, 56.16% African American and 0.49% Native American. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.48% of the population.
There were 75 households out of which 37.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.3% were married couples living together, 17.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.7% were non-families. 20.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.71 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the town the population was spread out with 28.1% under the age of 18, 10.8% from 18 to 24, 27.1% from 25 to 44, 21.7% from 45 to 64, and 12.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 111.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.8 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $27,917, and the median income for a family was $36,875. Males had a median income of $24,063 versus $18,750 for females. The per capita income for the town was $14,159. About 5.7% of families and 12.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.4% of those under the age of eighteen and 21.4% of those sixty five or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Communities". Laurens County Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ACCESS 15; Laurens County Public, educational, and government access (PEG) cable TV channel
- Information about Waterloo from Laurens County